POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help w/ creating a hill : help w/ creating a hill Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:30:23 EDT (-0400)
  help w/ creating a hill
From: William Drown
Date: 27 Mar 1999 22:31:47
Message: <36FDA370.E90E076F@lamere.net>
Hello.
  I am creating a scene w/ a castle on top of a hill and surrounded by a
wall at the bottom. The hill consists of a merge csg consisting of the
following component:
       1 box that forms the top and main body of the hill
        4 cones, 1 centered on each corner, w/ 0 radius on top
        An inclined plane on each side to fill in the gaps
I need help creating the inclined plane. I already put together the box
w/ the cones, and the basic picture is already looking good. When I
tried a prism object, w/ linear splines, it came out awful. I checked
the docs for anything creating an inclined plane or wedge shape, but I
can't find anything that does what i want. Please help me find a
solution, cause it is very aggravating to be so close and yet so far.

                    Bill Drown